- To develop the human performance in terms of body, psychology and society which is the ultimate goal of the 21st science technology and to research into the technology of human-friendly Brain and Cognitive Engineering in order to perform human capabilities effectively.
- To secure the core technology of Brain and Cognitive Engineering which is an undeveloped research field and to secure top research abilities worldwide through establishing the department of Brain and Cognitive Engineering in order to raising professional human resources.
- By establishing R&D and R&E system through the department and the research institute of Brain and Cognitive Engineering, we create new study fields and raise professional human resources through scientific researches into respective fields and the exchange of interdisciplinary convergence technology.
To improve human performance capabilities through interdisciplinary Convergence Research of Bio+Cogno+Nano on the basis of IT
Cognitive Brain Science
To explore core characters of human brain/mind and research into the mechanism of brain information processing which acquires, organize and apply information and knowledge.
- To control outer devices through measuring and analyzing brain’s neural signal and to research into methods to transfer the human mind to the outside.
- To research into the technology which diagnoses and predicts damages of brain neurons and brain diseases.
- To research into the intelligent robot technology which copies the mechanism to process human brain information.
- To develop theoretical foundation and core technologies of neuromorphic chips.
Details of Research content
Cognitive Brain Science
To explore core characters of human brain/mind and research into charaters of brain information processing which acquires, organize and apply information and knowledge
- 01. Language Process
- To understand information storage, representation, extraction and the mechanism in relation to language treatment process.
- Research into changes of brain activities in different languages.
- 02. Recognition
- To understand the brain mechanism which is activated when the brain pays attention for recognition.
- Comparative research on attentional resource model and attentional capture model.
- 03. Emotion
- To research into interactive effects between emotion and cognition.
- To understand the change of cognitive function due to depression, emotional disorder and malfunction.
- 04. Learning
- To understand relationships between the conscious state and the learning ability.
- Learning effect of brain development through information analysis of the brain neuron.
To control outside devices through measuring and analyzing brain neural signals and to research into the method which transfers the human mind to the outside and to research into technology which diagnoses and predicts damages of brain neurons and brain deseases
- 01. The treatment
of brain signals
- The technique for the analysis and synthesis of multi-modal data obtained from various types of brain-imaging systems, such as fMRI, EEG, PET, and NIRS.
- To develop the improvement of spatial temporal resolutions about the measurement of human brain activities.
- 02. Modeling of
- Mathematical modeling to understand nonlinear/active characters of brain neurons.
- Modeling of treatment system of brain information by integration of brain neural information.
- 03. Robot
the basis of
- Development of technology mining brain signals and human-friendly interface.
- Brain-Robot interaction on the basis of Multi-modal information Deduction model.
- 04. Supplementary
system for patients
- Technology to early diagnose and predict brain diseases. (Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson´s disease)
- Development of interface for patients with brain neural damage.
Development of the system which copies brain functions or development of theoretical foundation and core technologies of neuromorphic chips.
- 01. Neuromorphic
- Development of neuromorphic chips at the level of biological connection.
- Adaptive intelligent systems and integrated circuits.
- 02. The
- The autonomous/cognitive/ intelligent robot able to do self-study.
- The cognitive/intelligent robot which is applied to the model of behavioral neuron at the high level.
- 03. Connectomics
- To understand the structure and function of brain neural synapses and to create connectome maps.
- To develop the modeling and simulation technology of neural circuit and brain chips.
- 04. The artificial
- To research into understanding the treatment process of brain visionary information.
- To develop the technology for mathematical modeling of brain neural visionary attention.